Online Continuing Education Program
This one-hour program outlines opioid prescribing principles for general dentists and dental specialists, illustrated by a case study. This training covers the safe and competent use of opioids for managing acute moderate to severe dental pain.
To Earn Credits
Click the buttons below to view the video, take the post-test and complete the evaluation.
BU Dental Students — Special Instructions
Please note that you must register for a new user account by clicking the red 'Register' button on the left. Please select ‘Yes’ when asked, “Are you a Boston University Goldman Dental School Student?”
BU Dental Students Must Complete the Following 5 Items:
1. Complete the BESST Baseline Evaluation which will precede the educational content.
2. Watch the "Safe Opioid Prescribing for Acute Dental Pain" Video.
3. Complete the 5-question Post-Test.
4. Complete the evaluation forms.
5. Save or print your certificate of participation.
Ruben Figueroa, DMD, MS, Course Director
Clinical Associate Professor
Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine
Daniel P. Alford, MD, MPH, FACP
Professor of Medicine
Boston University School of Medicine
Boston Medical Center